Sunday, February 8, 2009

brainstorming ii



"What's outrageous is the economic stimulus plan."
"Mine is a little underripe."
"No, I did not know these were real. Yes, things may have turned out differently."

I'm having writer's block, and, perhaps not unrelatedly, I'm in really low spirits this week. But I don't think this is all my fault: the artwork in question, by the inveterate ament Paul Noth, is particularly confusing, with one character's legs apparently melting into the boat and both characters in completely implausible shirts--some sort of sleeveless button-down. And is the boat on water or on sand? If Mr. Noth had a specific intention, he was completely inept at conveying it. Furthermore, I am puzzled by the presence of some sort of dartboard in the distance.

I think I'll just take this week off to sort some things out.

4 comments:

  1. "Look me in the fucking face when I talk to you."

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Was the pool here when you bought the house?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. the final candidates for this week are incredibly dumb, much like this cartoon (i thought your #2 was more promising than any of them). and good to know that i taught you what is apparently still your favorite insult :)

    ReplyDelete